Lake Forest Garden Club Standing Rules
The regular meeting of the Executive Board shall be held once a month at the discretion of the President.
Notice of the meeting and activities of the Club shall be sent to the Lake Forest I Village News and the Lake Forest II Main Sheet by the Publicity Chairman.
No member shall hold more than one (1) executive office at a time.
The President shall be the official representative of the Club at all affairs where a representative is required. If unable to do so, the first Vice-president or a member of the Executive Board appointed by the President shall represent the Club.
Any expenses not listed on the annual budget must be approved by the Executive Board.
A roster shall be given to all Club Members. Club members’ personal information may not be shared outside the club without prior consent.
No member shall act as agent or assume financial obligations without the approval of the Executive Board.
8. A Guest may attend the Garden Club meetings only twice (2) during the year. After which they must become a member to attend.
9. Announcements to be made before the club, either by a member or a non-member, should be in writing and shall not to exceed three minutes. They should be presented to the President prior to the meeting.
10. The Lake Forest Garden Club is subject to all rules, regulations and direction governing the Lake Forest Beach and Tennis Club.
11. Nothing in the Lake Forest Garden Club By-Laws and Standing Rules shall be constructed as contrary to the Articles of the Lake Forest Beach and Tennis Club.
12. Dues shall be $30.00 (as of June 1, 2016) and $35.00 per couple payable on or before June 1st. A late fee of $10 shall be charged for reinstatement after July 31.
13. A tree will be planted in the community in honor of each outgoing president as a tribute to their service.
14. The books of the club shall be audited ever 2 years