In two weeks our annual Garden Club Spring Boutique and Plant Sale will be in full swing.
Here are some dates and times you may want to put on your calendar:
FLOOR/FLOWER ARRANGING PRE-PREP EVENING:
Thursday May 11th, 6pm - 8pm at the club (inside):
Pre-Preparations for floral arrangement creations, prepping of floor, hauling of water for oasis, separating flower arranging containers, and table setup for Friday’s BIG PREP DAY at the club.
BIG PREP DAY! Friday May 12, 8am - 1pm at the club (inside):
1. All items for the boutique are to be brought to the club early. This includes flower baskets, tillandsias, fabulous finds, raffle items, succulent containers, flowers and greens and all the plants you have been propagating and growing.
2. >100 floral arrangements will be made.
3. Everything will be primped, priced, labelled, decorated and made beautiful.
4. Everything will be ready and arranged for easy delivery to the parking lot the next morning.
5. Clean up.
BOUTIQUE DAY! Saturday May 13th, 6am - 2pm at the club outside in the parking lot
1. Set up of tables, EZ-ups, table covers (burlap), signs, chairs in parking lot.
2. All items for sale moved outside to be set up on the appropriate tables, checked one last time for perfection and beauty.
3. All volunteers report to their stations, some starting as early as 6am.
Coffee and donuts will be available early, and lunch will be provided.
CALLING FOR VOLUNTEERS
We still need volunteers to assist at the boutique.
Shifts are usually 3 hours, and there will be a sign up sheet at the March and April
If you have questions regarding volunteer duties, you can call or text or email Anne Breuer or Bonnie Oakden.
There have been many questions regarding the “Fabulous Finds” area of the Boutique.
A brief description is: Items that are not plants, but can be used in the garden or decor in the house which is garden or plant related. They should be very gently used or new items. Here are just a few ideas: gardening books, garden signs, garden tools, statues, solar lights, and many more. Clean and make items sale ready. Keep them at your home until Friday May 12, 8:00-10:00 AM at the club house where they will be priced and prepped for sale.